For the first time in state history, the Governor has directed the State Water Resources Board to implement mandatory water reductions in cities and towns across California to reduce water usage by 25 percent.
In order to achieve the 25% reduction, River Pines Public Utility District is implementing the following:
Watering lawns and gardens or any other irrigation will be limited to two (2) days a week as follows:
- Odd numbered house addresses may water on Wednesday and Saturday ONLY.
- Even numbered house addresses may water on Thursday and Sunday ONLY.
In addition, watering lawns and gardens or any other irrigation which results in gutter, patio, driveway, walk or street flooding or other run-off shall be prohibited. Unattended watering shall be prohibited, except automatic shut off devices.Washing of cars, boats, trailers or other vehicles by hose without automatic shutoff valve shall be prohibited.
The emptying and refilling of existing swimming pools and hot tubs shall be prohibited. Maintaining such items at normal operating levels shall be permitted.There shall be no washing of sidewalks, walkways, driveways, or patios under any circumstances.
Operations of decorative fountains shall be prohibited unless the water is recirculated.
- First Violation: Written warning that a further violation shall result in water restrictions and possible fine.
- Second Violation: River Pines P.U.D. shall restrict customer’s water service by inserting a device to reduce the customers water flow by the required reduction; and such restriction shall be removed only after one-week period has elapsed, and upon payment by the customer to the River Pines P.U.D. of the applicable Service Call and Mandatory Violation Fine of $500.
- Third Violation: River Pines P.U.D. shall restrict the customer’s water service by inserting a device to reduce the customer’s water flow by the required reduction; and said device shall remain in place for the duration of drought or emergency. Prior to removal of said device, the customer shall pay to the River Pines P.U.D. the applicable Service Fee, Mandatory Violation Fine of $500 in conjunction with possible 30 days in jail.
These restrictions will be required to reduce usage as compared to the amount used in 2013 (per State Water Resources Control Board, April 2, 2015). The District will review water usage on a monthly basis per the Water Meter Read results.